Monday, June 05, 2006

Sleepy afternoon...

Too bad I’m in my cube or else I would be napping. I need some caffeine. Someone told me this weekend that an apple has three times the amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee. I was unable to confirm this statement online but I did find out that when apple seeds are digested they release a small amount of cyanide. Hmmmh. Who knew?

I had a lovely weekend. Nothing too exciting really…Saturday E and I went to Ingrid’s Kitchen, the quaint little German Deli/Bakery. I was pretty sure I wouldn’t love it but wanted to do something a little different. The red cabbage and sauerkraut weren’t really to my liking but I found that German cookies are just as good as American ones. There was also a live band with dancing seniors. It was a nice outing.

Yesterday I sewed some super simple curtains for my kitchen I will try to post them later. I also painted a bit. And I did all of this with no TV or music. Quiet is so nice sometimes.

I’ve recognized that I’m off the wagon. The good eating/healthy/exercising wagon has left me behind. And I’m trying to catch up. My first task is to avoid any sort of fried/fast food and I’m convinced I’ve developed a re-addiction. Or I’ve told myself I can’t have it and therefore I crave it more. Either way, I’m trying to get my stuff back together. Tonight I will go for a walk.

I have some more material floating around in my head. I’m sure I’ll be back soon.

2 comments:

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

Apples do not contain caffeine. That is just silly. The seeds do contain cyanide. The person that told you that was probably just confused.

By the way...I could not find the "Got Mint" cling you asked me about. Nobody at SONIC knew anything about it. It was probably something that one Drive-In had made up just for their lot. Since I couldn't find that for you I got you something else. It is pretty cool. Send me an email with your address and I will send it to you.

a183 said...

I've never craved an apple and I have a serious caffeine addiction. Today I got a free banana frappucino for making a sound like a monkey - and when I did the girl yelled "Hey I finally got one!" who wouldn't do this? They were lucky b wasn't in the car.