Monday, June 12, 2006

when can i go back to bed?



E was out of town over the weekend and arrived home pretty late last night. I always have good intentions of going to bed early so I get a goodnight's sleep but generally I stay up for him. In turn I go to bed at 1:30am and get very little sleep and my body hates me. Right now it is nagging me with that dull aching pain in my arms and the electrical doo-dads that connect my brain together aren't quite functioning properly.

It was a decent weekend. Friday I went with the Richardson's to see Sex Machine (which sounds a lot like porn but isn't really at all) that was playing in the DeadCenter Film Festival here in OKC. Good time.

Saturday I decided to hit some garage sales. I love garage sales. Anyway, the first two I went to were fantastic - I found two pretty cool things but the rest - not so good. I will post pics of my purchases this evening.

But my point for visiting this morning really was to implement a new feature. Every Monday I'm going to post a random question or two - mostly to get me through the drabness of Monday mornings. Feel free to post an answer if you like.

1. Song you hate to love? Keith Urban, You'll Think of Me (Eeek. I hate country cross over songs but I always want to sing along and I feel sorry for the guy.)

2. Song you love to hate? James Blunt, You're Beautiful (I hate this song and would stab him if I could. He has the screachiest voice.)

It's time to wrap this up so I earn my keep.

2 comments:

Wis said...

1. The Hollies, Bus Stop (it's so 60s cheesy)

2. Blue October, Hate Me (how ironic, I do)

I know why Sex Machine was familiar to me when we were talking about it. I looked up the website and realized a girlfriend of mine, Erika, from high school plays "leather girl" in the film. Brent used to work with one of her realtives and I think she told him about the film. That small world of Oklahomaland. The film looks B-movie type interesting. I'd like to see it more now I realize an old friend is in it. When do you think they'll release it in LA?

I'd like to hear your critique after your nap.

Anonymous said...

1. It's so vulgar, but I can't help myself from singing along..."The Thong Song", circa 2000 by Sisqo. Where did Sisqo go, anyway?

2. "Right here waiting for you" by Richard Marx. So whiney. Bluh.