I am super tired tonight. E played a show last night and I just haven't slept well all week. I'm not feeling so well either, I have that teetering on the edge of sickess feeling in my throat. Fingers crossed because I don't want a cold because colds double suck when it's 100 degrees outside.
I was planning on going to the small church group tonight but opted to not because I'm tired. And honestly it wasn't such a big deal not to go. E is working and so I was going to go alone again. And let me say something - meeting new people, trying to fit in, searching for God and finding a church home without your spouse is rather difficult. I thought I could do it - and I know that I need some sort of support system but I just don't think I can. Despite my glowing, confident attitude, I'm fairly introverted and would feel more comfortable sitting at home in a depressive state than trying to meet new Christian friends. And Christian friends that are very different than me.
I want to be the strong female that can be alone and be social and be cool with it but I'm going to have to eventually face that I'm not. And maybe that's ok.
And I'm only going to say three things about Britney.
1. Where is your stylist? Bring him or her back.
2. Go home to Louisiana. The paparazzi won't follow you.
3. Stop talking. You are only making it worse on all of us.


1 comment:
Honestly Christie, I find it hard to believe that most would feel going to a small group church session, alone, a comfortable thing to do - well, MAYBE our friend Melissa - but hey, maybe, just maybe, it requires her to reach out of her comfort zone too.
A "strong female" to me is one who supports her husband who travels and is gone a lot! Finding a church to belong to and be committed to is difficult enough without the beating yourself up.
Post a Comment