That's how my day started. Actually that's not true. My day started when E woke me up at 7:50 and told me what time it was. Keep in mind that I ideally should be at work no later than 8:30. Sigh. And it happened to be a day that I had to dress fairly nice because I had a lunch meeting. So there was ironing and clothes to picked out (I thought about doing it last night but didn't listen to my gut - Why don't I listen to the gut?) Ahhhhh...I hate mornings like that because I always eat something crappy for breakfast and feel out of sorts all day long. All of this said, I ate Pop-tarts. Cherry Pop-tarts when my favorite are really the brown sugar flavor. A sad waste of Pop-tarts.
I mentioned yesterday that I bought some garage sale treasurers. Well here they are. Keep in mind that the table looks pretty rough in the bright light but I think it's super cool. I'm thinking I will paint it or something. And the other is a pin that was 10 cents. Do I wear pins or broaches - not really but I thought it was cute and it was a dime. Anyway, good happy times for me.Since I am in a never-ending quest for food/fat knowledge I thought I would pass on a couple of things I've read lately.
- Less than 13% of American women are a size 6 or below.
- The book I've been reading "Overcoming Overeating" poses this "what if" question -What if it were to become impossible for you ever to gain or lose weight again. Not a pound. Your body will remain in its present shape for the rest of your life. What would you do? How would it impact the way you see yourself?
- More than half of Americans say they'd rather lose their jobs than get fat. 58% of women and 54% of men say they'd rather be unemployed than gain 75 pounds, according to a recent Fitness magazine poll. USA Today 4.30.06
No lesson for the day. I just thought they were interesting.
I've actually been doing a little bit of exercising. The last two days have been productive and tonight I'm doing a little yoga. I've realized that I need some sort of fitness goal to motivate me (ie. marathon) and since I've stopped running because of my back I'm feeling unmotivated. Sure I can walk but running makes me think I'm accomplishing so much more. So I've been thinking about options. I keep thinking about the water aerobics class and I've been pondering swimming laps. But I really don't know good swimming technique so I'm thinking about a swimming class, which seem sort of dumb because I can swim. But I'm pretty sure it's not the most athletic and efficient swimming stroke.
I'm sleepy. Must stop blogging.

3 comments:
I have NO TIME for this but HAD to comment. this is all a very v ery interesting blog. the brooch really cracked me up because I thought it was a wall hanging - the road runner looked (to me) to be about 12 inches and I thought it was on a a wall. I was like "hmm, interesting" the table is SO COOL I WANT ONE!!!!!
Maybe those people prefer unemployment b/c they can blame someone else if it happens.
mmmmmmmmm brown sugar pop tarts
It must be goin' around.
I had cherry pop tarts Monday! Out of the same vending machine, I assume...
And you're totally right-they weren't as good as I imagined.
Post a Comment