Thursday, June 15, 2006

Random emails from my mother...

I don't know about your mom but my mom is always sending me some random forwarded email. I delete most of them but every once in awhile I decided to actually read them. I especially love to research them to see if there is any validity to them and then respond to my mother with the results. It's especially fun when her propoganda is completely conservative and then I come back with a crazy liberal, non-Baptist response. She loves that...

Here is an email from today -

No Crosses on Federal Property!
Did you see in the news last week where the A.C.L.U. doesn't want any crosses on Federal property? Crosses on Federal Property?
Well duh.........
















Let them try and remove these. What are these people thinking? At what point do we say, enough is enough?

Please pass this on to as many people possible as quickly as you can even if you normally don't do this type of thing. Some messages just need to be forwarded and this is most certainly one of them. Please take the time.

Does this count as me passing on spam? If so, sorry.

2 comments:

Wis said...

I like your thinking. It actually would be interesting to find out where these annoying messages come from and debunk some of the outrageous claims.

Maybe there's a special team at Focus on the Family that produces them and sends them to all their loyal customers to be spread world-wide.

The petition ones especially crack me up. And the necessary ending lines to guilt you into annoying someone else with its content. "If you're a true believer..." "If you love God..." "If you easily fall for word manipulation..."
then you will pass this on to eight people.

Anonymous said...

I think we have the same mother, which means we're related. OK, probably not, but my mom spams me all of the time too. I am trying to develop an outlandish email to send back to her, but I have not come up with anything creative enough that would not land me a cell in Guantanamo.
Good luck with that,
Kyle.