Friday, July 21, 2006

south on I-35

Random 10

21st Century Kid – Jamie Cullum
99 Luftballons – Nena
Summertime Blues – Eddie Cochran
Meanwhile, Rick James – Cake
I Will Follow – U2
Spirits of the Material World – The Police
Time – Embodyment
Cautioners – Jimmy Eat World
Dead Wrong – The Fray
Father and Son – Leigh Nash

I’ve been posting quite a bit of random fluff lately so I thought I would give you an update on some things.

My back – I have been feeling fantastic lately. There is still some sensitivity in my lower back and I can’t do certain things like lay on my back for long periods of time but for the most part my whole back feels great. On Wednesday I went to the chiropractor and my range of motion is completely normal (when I first stated my range of motion was horrible) and I’m going to start seeing him every two weeks as opposed to every. He suggested I continue doing exercises that build my core muscle group which support my lower back. Hopefully if all goes well, I will start seeing him every month. Thank goodness…the chiropractor is expensive business. But to all you medical doubters…the chiropractor was a really good thing for me.

My craziness – I’m still tossing around the idea of going to see a counselor but am a bit apprehensive. I have gotten so much great feedback from my previous post and my rambling about it but I’m still scared of it. Scared of the additional emotional stress to come out of it – I know in the end it would be a good thing but I’m not sure I’m ready for the in-between/deal with 30 years of emotional baggage. Since I am a state employee we have an employee assistance program and I’m thinking about meeting with someone from there. They can give me a referral and help with all the insurance specifics. I just have to make the phone call which seems easier than it is. Mostly because I work in a cube and I can just imagine my co-worker hearing me say “I’m calling because I’m emotionally imbalanced and need some help.” Ok, so that’s a bit extreme but I’m not ready to deal with this head on…yet. But one thing I do know for sure…the issues may stay quiet for a while but they always come back.

My job – My boss is still a flake. There hasn’t been any crazy chaos with the resignation of our big boss but the future looks promising for a little chaos. I’m about to wrap up a couple of major publications for high school students and I’m pretty happy with them.

My eating – Seriously, I’m just trying to be good and do the best I can. I had such good intentions with the point counting and it lasted about 3 days. But I’m trying and I suppose that’s what matters. And really if I can stop the poundage from coming on…it’s a good day.

My exercise – Still swimming (learned the side and back stroke last night) but I realize I really need a tangible goal. And the only thing I can come up with is races. So I’m thinking about participating in Race for the Cure. Maybe walk it and focus on doing half of my cardio with walking and the other with swimming/cycling/elliptical. I really, really want to start running again. I wonder if I could incorporate a little running. Maybe I could try it a little and see if it affects my back? You would think coming up with a good fitness plan would be easy for me but I swear I over think it. Much like everything else I do in my life…

My husband and dog – E is turning 30 next week and there are big birthday plans at the Jones’ house. There will be a little Ted’s, an outing to see “Lady in the Water,” a day off work for me, too much cheap pizza and a CD or two. Blu continues to shed and hump like a wild monkey. We’ve also been forced to have him wear his bark collar. I’m not sure how something can be so funny and so horribly mean at the same time. But it works. A couple barks in and he makes a horrible sound and then growls very quietly. He knows how loud he can bark before it zaps him…so funny yet so sad.

My weekend – I’m leaving town this weekend. Woo-hoo, not another weekend of too much tv, too much sleep and too much snacking. I’m going to see my friend Alida in Fort Worth after work tonight. I’m not sure what the weekend will hold but there be obnoxious laughter and a trip to IKEA.

And on Sunday I’m going to meet-up with another old friend Kate. Kate and I met in Statistics at UCO about a million years ago or maybe around eight. It should be a good time.

Have a nice weekend...I hear rain is coming.

No comments: