Friday, May 12, 2006

that time again...

Friday's Random 10

On the Road Again – Willie Nelson
What You Meant – Franz Ferdinand
Hold Me – Fleetwood Mac
Slipknot – Poor Old Lu
Hang Up – Madonna
Laughing Out Loud – The Wallflowers
Debora – T Rex
Travelin’ Thru – Dolly Parton
Cautioners – Jimmy Eat World
Hey Tonight – Credence Clearwater Revival

Hmmm...this is a wide variety of music.

I was listening to NPR this morning and they were doing a special segment on mothers and cooking. Anway, one the segments spoke of a mother's funeral that involved passing out shots of tequila and releasing doves at the cemetary in celebration of her life. I thought that was very interesting and how I should consider having tequila at my funeral. Granted I don't like tequila and would probably prefer some rum. And I think I want to be cremated but it is an interesting thought. Maybe you could drink white russians at my ash spreading.

This is sort of morbid isn't it? Sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's morbid at all. Funeral's are always a sad occasion, but in all reality they should be a celebration of one's life. I think white russians would be a wonderful idea, and I would definitely come to your funeral.

--your non-blogging co-worker

a183 said...

That's not morbid. And white russians are a favorite of mine so I'd come. I think this list of 10 thing is interesting.

Anonymous said...

I'm in for the white russians! I, too, heard that on NPR and thought a very similar string of ideas. Tequila would be okay with me, though...hell, I guess any of it would - I wouldn't know the difference. LOL