Today I had lunch with some old co-workers. It is funny because every time I see them they ask if I’ve lost weight and I say “no” and they say “well you look so thin.” This is funny because I have been about the same weight for the past year but they ask every time. I think it’s my great $22.99 pants from Target.
Anyway, these two women (the two Michelle’s) are both in their early fifties and I think they look great. They are active, intelligent women yet they obsessive more about food than any of us 20-30 something’s. As we sat down to lunch they started harassing me about how they don’t understand how I maintain my weight with my diet. They even pointed out the two starches on my plate. I had roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, a roll and a piece of pie. But keep in mind that half of the roast beef, potatoes, green beans and the whole piece of pie came home with me. And I only ate a quarter of the roll. But I seriously felt like they were attacking me about what I was eating.
We also discussed exercise and I mentioned that I wanted to take a water aerobics class but I was scared of looking for a bathing suit. I then was told that it would be easy for me and that I should have no problem finding a great bathing suit with my figure and all.
Seriously, I am a big ole pear with double butt cheeks. And does anyone, ANYONE enjoy looking for a bathing suit?
These are women in there early fifties that still haven’t figured out that weighing a certain amount or not eating bread will not bring you great happiness and confidence. Why is it that we lie to ourselves that if we are skinny enough or look a certain way everything will be better? I believe it is a lie.
So much fat talk lately…so sorry. I think I will go eat my pie now.
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
kiss it.
Oh, how I miss the Michelles. I can vouch for C on the fact that they are totally diet-crazy. Where did you get the pie?
Alida
Post a Comment