Thursday, August 17, 2006

Happy Birthday M!

Can you believe Madonna is 48? She looks good and if she’s that old, that means I’m really not that far behind. And I really wish she would give up this dance pooh. Go back to her pop roots; you know some Lucky Star or Borderline. Those remind me of good times in the 5th grade.




Highlights of the week

E got home last night. So my week long bachelorette stint is over but I’m sure that I will have another soon.

On Sunday I went to see “The Devil Wears Prada” with my mom and sister. At one point (as the assistant is being berated and forced to do horrible things) my mother leans over and asks, “Is that how it is for you being a secretary?” What, I think to myself. I say “I’m not a secretary” and she says “well, an assistant?” Does she know me or what I do at all? I just went back to the movie. What can you say to that really? Granted, I’m not a director or CEO or even the boss of anyone but I am sure that secretary has not been in my job description for a seriously long time. My mother wears me out.

Plus, my mother harassed me when I didn’t laugh at certain things. That annoys me too. Just ask E.

I started my weight lifting routine on Tuesday and I did water aerobics last night. I am sore and it seriously hurts to straighten my arms.

I’m super excited to see “Little Miss Sunshine” this weekend.

The Richardson’s entertained me on Tuesday night and gave me some yummy grub.

Engineered grass found growing in wild - seriously, can we stop jacking with nature.

Could rising gas prices kill the suburbs? – Hmmm. Could SUVs and gas prices change the landscape of U.S. cities?

I saw this episode of Dateline on Sunday. The segment was about hell and Carlton Pearson (a charismatic pastor from Tulsa). It was pretty interesting and made me miss my theologian friend Brent. So many questions.

No comments: