Oh, where to start?
Last night I was out of allergy medicine (which I take daily to fight the dander of my dog and the many allergens in the state of Oklahoma) and this morning when I woke up I felt like I had been run over by a truck. My head hurt, I was foggy and had a runny nose to boot. And I woke up 30 minutes late (which my normal time is generally 30 minutes late so really it was an hour late). Not the best way to start a lovely Friday. So after stopping and getting some drugs and a big cup of coffee – I’m feeling much better.
Last night I made some avocado-lime hummus, which I must say is my new favorite thing in world. It is very yummy with very low pointage. I’ve decided it is really good with the baked tortilla chips. Actually, I’m munching on some as I type.
I also made some oat bran muffins. I had some peaches that I needed to use and I wondered if they would work in a muffin. And for the most part they did but I went with a low point muffin recipe so they turned out a little bland. I opted for honey instead of sugar. I’m pretty sure I’ve learned this lesson before but I forgot that baking and honey don’t really work for me. But let’s face it – they are a bready subsistence and I will eat them.
Today I’m going to my monthly lunch with my old E+A co-workers. It is always a fun time and slight sad. They remind me of the fun stuff I am missing out on – like the old school Plaza Theatre, the interview with Metropolis Magazine, and the old brewery west of downtown. Those were good times and hopefully I will find something like it again one day. I heard Brazilian food might be on the agenda.
My big project at work is being stalled by another department and I’m starting to get a little snippy about it. I have a goal and their incompetence is standing in my way. Errr. How many times can I ask the printer to change something? Soon they will hate me.
No big plans for the weekend. I have a few movies to watch and some busy work around the house. So if you know of something wild and crazy to fill my time with (that is indoors), please let me know.
Here's to a short afternoon.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment