Wednesday, August 02, 2006

blah, blah, blah...

So I’ve been somewhat distracted by myspace lately and in somewhat of a funk so I haven’t had much to blog about. But since I feel like keeping this place somewhat current (even though most of my fellow bloggers don’t – which makes me ask – why do I care?) I’ve got some random musings for your entertainment.

• According to a recent survey, almost 80% of consumers believe that the advice experts will give five years from now about what to eat and what not to eat will be completely different from the current line of thinking. Gourmet 07/06 (I am in the 80%)

• I really liked “Lady in the Water.” I don’t care what critics say because Mr. M. Night always leaves me thinking long after the movie is over. Whether it’s about a purpose, a salvation or characters living in denial of something (faith, love, purpose or simply living), I don’t care I think it’s a good thing.

• Check out the Internet Wayback Machine - Browse through 55 billion web pages archived from 1996 to a few months ago. To start surfing the Wayback, type in the web address of a site or page where you would like to start, and press enter. Then select from the archived dates available. The resulting pages point to other archived pages at as close a date as possible. Keyword searching is not currently supported.

• McDonald’s french fries scare me. We watched Super Size Me (E hadn’t seen it) and in the extra’s there was a section called “The Smoking Fry.” "The Smoking Fry" shows Spurlock keeping various forms of fast food (some from McDonalds, some from a place that actually cooks the meat and fries from scratches) in glass jars in his office and then how the food breaks down over months. After 10 weeks, the McDonalds French Fries have not broken down whatsoever.

• The video-sharing site YouTube has outgrown the social networking giant MySpace in global hits. YouTube receives a 3.9 percent share of all daily website visits on the Internet. (Stink. I’m late.)

• When walking on the track at the gym please don’t read a book. I realize there is a lot about gym culture that you may not be familiar with but never, ever is it ok to walk on the track while reading a book. Not to mention, using your upper body is important to increasing your heart rate and getting the most out of your workout. Geez.

2 comments:

Wis said...

I like that you updated your blog. The old layout did not show up so good on my computer.

I think the so called advice experts lie on purpose just to see how short our memories and attention spans really are.

I love YouTube. All out access to videos, clips, etc. You have to know what you're looking for though cause there's a bunch of stupid stuff out there.

I'm sort of with Eddie. But I'm always apprehensive about bringing reading materials in the crapper. First, my poops are generally done in like 30 seconds so it defeats the reading purpose. The idea of potential poop to page intermingling is also a gross out. And unless you want your eyes to be all jacked, a good rule of thumb would be if you're moving and must read then get the book on ipod, cd, whatever.

ROBBIE THE ROBOT said...

I really liked Lady in the Water too Christie. Nice to see a long, juicy blog. How's the training for the run going? Apparently someone at the gym has annoyed you. :)