Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Difference

E and I watched the Teen Choice Awards on Sunday. Please don’t be mean – we don’t have cable (not even the basic crappy cable) and the pickens were slim that night. Anyway, it was slightly entertaining. It was just one long commercial for Fox shows and products that teenagers love. I enjoyed seeing the old people – Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Reese Witherspoon – who won awards but seemed strangely out of place. But the highlight came when Johnny Depp won something for Pirates of the Caribbean and E said something along the lines of Johnny Depp still being a teen idol (because of the never-ending shrill from the teen audience). And I realized, Johnny Depp was my teen idol. Back in the 21 Jump Street days he was my poster obsession of choice. I did have a small stint with Jordan from New Kids but that was temporary.

Madonna is 48 and Johnny Depp is 43. Holy cow. Then and now.











My class was good last night. I have to admit that I am fairly intimidated. Mostly because my professor pointed out that the class was taught for art majors that will need to compete at larger schools and that it might make it harder for those of us just wanting a humanities credit. Eeek. But I think if I work hard and go to class I will do ok. I’m just going to look at it as a good learning and stretching experience. I need to go buy some materials (in addition to my $40 paper back book). Double eek.

No comments: