Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Pet Peeve #851

When you are running or walking on the track at your local fitness facility please stay in the appropriate lane.

--------------------
RUN

---------------------
PASS
---------------------
WALK
---------------------

You see the concept (see bad graph above) is very simple there is a running lane, a passing lane and a walking lane. The challenge for some is to stay in the lane that is appropriate for their activity of choice. Generally there are signs posted with this important information.

Please abstain from the following:
1. Walking in either the pass or the run (unless you are in passing mode). This tends to cause a traffic jam on the track.
2. Walking side by side. I understand you want to exercise with your friend, it’s a good time and conversation makes the time pass faster. Seriously though you are blocking the passing lane which causes me the faster walker to go into the run lane and therefore blocking the much faster runner. You see the problems this can create.
3. Don’t allow your kids on the track. I have a hard enough time concentrating on running; I don’t need to avoid your kids. Oh and the kids that like have little races with me…yeah, that’s fun not because it’s annoying but they usually beat me. I pay $40 a month for the gym privilege and I don’t want your kids in my way. If I wanted that I would have my own.


This has been a special break in the middle of my extra crappy day...

2 comments:

a183 said...

I'm scared to get on the track with you at all! ha ha. no, just kidding. Sounds like the GYM OF JANUARY resolution setters is getting to you. Hold out for February and the crowd will start to thin (no pun intended.)

pondering_c said...

please don't be scared. despite the ranting i'm really a nice person...