Monday, January 02, 2006

as usual...

the husband is out traveling about and i am in a funk.

i went to a new year's eve party this weekend and i was the only single there out of 6 married couples, 3 of which I didn't know - this was a very surreal experience. one because i'm not single (haven't been for 9 years) but because of above mentioned fact was alone. two, generally there are a few single people around and i'm wondering was this over abundance of married people because of age. am i getting to the age where associating with single people is going to be less and less. anyway, it was an odd experience for me and one that made me a little more understanding of the singles in the world. i was seriously the odd man out - i completely threw off the numbers for game playing.

but back to the funk, i'm in a funk and officially start my half-marathon training tomorrow and my quest to get rid of the last 5lbs. sigh. both of which seem like very daunting tasks right now but on a positive my gym bag for tomorrow is already packed. the funny thing about my funks are they cause me to be lazy, eat more and spend money. but note the last two require extra calories and dollars - i have extra of neither. sigh again.

40 minutes of cardio tomorrow...go c.

1 comment:

a183 said...

go c!!!
I like your blog and am excited you have a packed bag a new gym membership. I was thinking today how I don't have to do anything I'm not capable of, so I have to ask myself two questions:
Can I do this?
and
Will I do this?

And luckily today those questions don't refer to 13.1 miles.