I hate Monday. I hate it. It's the worst day of the week. It always involves sleepiness, crankiness and an overall dislike of the world.
But I did workout. And a good workout it was. I ran/walked for 40 minutes. I did a 5 minute/2 minute walk plan and I'm quite proud of myself. I'm a bit beat but proud. I was thinking today as I was run/walking - why am I doing this - why do I always come back to this "athlete" wanna be? You know how you hear some people go on about how they love to run. They can't live without it. Yeah, I don't get that. But I wish I did. Running makes me breathe hard, my legs hurt and an overall feeling of discomfort. But I keep coming back and I'm not sure I know why. Am I trying to prove something to myself? I don't think so. I've done lots of running. I've already run (actually walked mostly) a marathon. I wonder does it having something to do with my childhood, my mother, being the fat kid? I joke but I'm sort of serious. Maybe it's something simple, it's the only way I've found to make myself exercise regularly. I welcome your thoughts...
Is it bad that I laughed at this?
CHICAGO (AFP) - A mouse took fiery revenge on a man who threw it into a pile of burning leaves by burning his house down.
The flaming mouse ran back into the wooden house of 81-year-old Luciano Mares, in Fort Sumner, New Mexico, setting it afire and virtually destroying the building.
Mares said he had caught the mouse in his home on Saturday and threw it on a pile of refuse and leaves he was burning in the garden.
"The mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," he told the Clovis News Journal newspaper.
Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the mouse stood below a window and set the wooden wall ablaze. Firefighters from two stations spent two hours battling the blaze.
Come on Tuesday...
Monday, January 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Okay that mouse story is the most bizarre thing I've heard in awhile. very very odd. Not sure what was motivating the mouse.
Anyhow, I think it's wonderful you do come back to running(/walking) and as someone who continually challenges herself, you continue to grow (but not bigger.) Good job! And yeah, I wish I loved it too, but I don't. I just love what it does for me.
Post a Comment