Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm addicted...

lately i've been asking where my time has been going and i think i have the answer...blogging. i'm afraid i've become slightly addicted. i think i'm going to have to cut myself off or at least limit my time allowed. tonight i've spent a good 45 minutes rearranging, adding a picture (which was on my 30th birthday by the way), searching for the random information below and diving into basic html to add the links. yes, i'm afraid i have a problem because i have a million other things to do...dishes, bills, laundry, blah, blah, blah...

anyway, i'm going to write the following despite my lack of time because i've been thinking about it for hours now. today i was thinking about the 5 lbs that i can't or won't shed. i decided to name them. it's kind of like AA or some self realization method - if you name or identify your problem its easier to conquer. so my 5lb enemies are named.
1lb - the Captain (as in the infamous Captain Crunch)
2lb - Dr. (as in Dr. Pepper)
3lb - Frenchie (aka French Fry)
4lb - Sweetness (that covers the basic description...hmmm sweet stuff...good)
5lb - Hamburglar (i love the hamburgers)

so friend hamburglar got me thinking...what in the world is hamburglar...and wouldn't you know it...mcdonald's india has a nice description. why as kids we aren't the least bit bothered by the odd cartoons we hear about i'll never know. anyway, enjoy the randomness. http://www.mcdonaldsindia.com/kid_hamburg.htm

i did after much whining make it to the gym today. 40 minutes of XT. 20 minutes on the eliptical and 20 minutes walking. All of the bicycles were occupied. stink. I'm considering going to a water aerobics class for XT but it's a serious committment so I'm going to have to psych myself up for it. by the way, the non-jiggly butt girl followed me into the dressing room today and proceeded to pick a locker two lockers down from me. what a way to start off the workout - changing right there with non-jiggy girl. geez.

congrats to a for reaching 10%. woo-hoo. you are awesome!

2 comments:

a183 said...

First, thanks for the recognition!! Next, your approach to naming and identifying your last five pounds is original and I'm sure going to be HIGHLY EFFECTIVE! GO C! You do have a much more interesting blog than any I know so kudos for your efforts.. I also have been wondering how I have time for this when I have a long to do list, but I consider it free therapy and slightly social.
So your blog reflects your serious efforts. Are you sure you aren't a graphic designer??!

YAY for another day of exercise!

pondering_c said...

i think that's a good way to look at it...as therapy. it's possible i was a graphic designer in a past life or maybe i'm trying to pose as one now...hmmm.