I’ve been a slight blogging funk the last few days and honestly and no idea why. I’m feeling better, there is no yelling and crying at home and work is tolerable (or tolable for Amber). So I’m just going to force my way though the funk and blog on the clock.
E pointed out to me this weekend that the new Nano doesn’t travel with me everywhere – like Charlie did. And he’s right. I’m nervous – if it’s not necessary and I don’t plan on using the new Nano – I leave her at home. And this got me thinking I have not bonded with her as I did with Charlie. I don’t giggle over my Nano. When I talk about her I don’t use annoying baby iPod talk. Has the newness worn off? Do I still miss Charlie? Am I forever traumatized by the theft of Charlie? Hmmmm…
So in an effort to grow closer the lady in white – I’ve come up with a name. Before I spout it out – keep in mind – I am an odd person and well that’s just the way it is. So she shall be called Nola. Stop squinting your eyes and forehead with that “what kind of name is Nola” look on your face – I have an explanation. We watched “Hustle and Flow” this weekend and one of the “girls” is named Nola. So yes, I’ve named my Nano after a prostitute. But anyway, so I really liked the movie and am still moved by the characters. They were just normal people who somehow became really messed up and were doing what they thought they needed to do to survive. We are all just trying to survive in one way or another.
But that’s not all. I was tossing this name around last night as I was working out and it dawned on me that it was Mardi Gras and I was listening to Better than Ezra (a great New Orleans product) so it seemed an appropriate name to settle on. Nola – NO, LA – New Orleans, LA. So yeah, to all the downtrodden prostitutes in the world and to the crazy city of New Orleans – Nola says hello and God Bless.
And on that note – I’m giving up soda for Lent. I will once again try to break my dirty addiction.
I’m also going to try to be a happier person. It takes work you know…
I’ve worked out the last couple of days. I’ve attempted to run both days but I swear my legs currently weigh 50lbs each. Geez. They have been hard workouts. But there’s always tomorrow’s workout, just because one is hard doesn’t mean they all will be, right? And it doesn’t mean I’m a big loser. Excuse me, while I give myself a little pep talk.
Happy March 1st
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, you're so close on Grandma Brown's use of tolerable...but not quite weird enough.
It's tobble.
Post a Comment