Wednesday, February 15, 2006

there is something going around...

i suck. that's just all there is to it. i am barely doing half of my training days and i'm eating way too much crap. there are exactly 73 days left to the marathon and i'm blowing off training. i'm just really frustrated at myself because i have nothing to blame the problem on but myself. i can say i'm tired, i can complain that it takes too much time or that i don't feel good but really in the end...i'm just choosing not to do it. i am seriously bugging myself.

but seriously, i have a few weighties (that's what i'm calling those around me who are always in a fight with a cheeseburger or some bad food vice) around me who all struggling right now. a month ago they were doing great but for some reason everyone is having a hard time. is it the weather, valentines day, any thoughts?

theft update: i got a call from state farm today. i should be receiving a check in a couple of days. it will cover the cost of a new nano. now i must make the tough decisions - white or black, girl or boy, names? i'm taking opinions and suggestions. and again i feel lucky that i had my archaic phone laying around because the settlement is barely covering the nano. and what is my lesson for the year - only travel with nano when can keep on person.

so i've been making some changes to my layout and this just sucks. my profile text is TOO big. and the alignment is all jacked up. this is one of those times when more html skills would be a good thing. suggestions, anyone? speaking of html, layout and font size - i've been tossing around the idea of taking some graphic design classes, maybe working towards that sort of career. because i think this communications gig is going to get old fast and probably even faster in a government position.

1 comment:

a183 said...

Our state needs more graphic designers who are GOOD! you already are actually, just need some more stuff, more software experience and maybe a business card to hand out. GO GO GO! I am shamed by my lack of ambition lately so seriously tomorrow is THE DAY TO GET GOING. If I don't, I promise to .... hmmm, I promise to chew ice.uhhhh, I can barely even type that without freaking out.
You know I have an ice scoop I use most of the time because I can't even stand to touch it. I promise to be a motivating partner for 73 more days. go C!
new name ideas: Onan. not a popular one but clever eh? Also, iota. Iota the Nano. Has flare. Tommy. I think it has to be a boy. Just imagine yourself saying "C'mon, _____, we've got a big run today."