Today I went to the gym at lunch. This isn’t a normal thing for me. I’m generally opposed to getting really sweaty in the middle of the day and having a very limited time to do it. But I have plans tonight and I wanted to avoid the rush home and honestly I’ve yet to convince myself that a morning workout is a good thing. So I go and I do 30 minutes on the treadmill using the walk/run interval system. It’s a good workout but gee whiz I am hot. Not good hot but sweaty, my face is flustered and I want to lay down hot. But instead I return to my stuffy cube. If you have ever worked out with me or have known me long - when I exercise I turn a bright shade of red. It never fails. It also happens when I cry; actually I can just think or hint of crying and my face swells and turns an odd shade of red. We call it cry-ee face in my house. But seriously, I’m in my cube feeling very aware of my red face and hoping no one talks to me.
And I want something salty. Not fruity or sweet but salty. And all I have in my possession in 35 cents, an apple and honey nut Cheerios. Errr. I just remember I have popcorn. Maybe that will do the trick. Seriously, as I typed that I remembered the popcorn. Let’s pray it works or it might be a long afternoon. Whatever it’s going to be a long afternoon regardless…
This cold is bugging the crap of me. Yesterday I felt good, this morning I feel yuck again. I think I’m having allergy problems. Is it possible to have allergy problems on top of a cold? I bent over at the gym today and it felt like my head weighed 400lbs.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment