Friday, February 17, 2006

in honor of charlie...

Today my friend/co-worker Amber held a nice memorial service in honor of Charlie. Amber, Amy, Rebecca and I congregated on top of the parking garage to say an official goodbye. I was given a balloon with a picture of Charlie inside. Amber said the following at the service -

In Honor of Charlie
12/25/2005 – 2/11/2006

“Nearly a week ago, Charlie the Nano was stolen by some mean person in Dolese Park.

Charlie left our lives as quickly as he entered it.

About the same time we met Charlie, we also learned about a new marketing term: the lovemark. A person would feel a deep personal loss if they did not have the lovemark in their lives. Recent national lovemarks include Starbucks, Target and, of course, the iPod.

This balloon represents the deep personal loss you have experienced when your lovemark, Charlie the Nano iPod, was stolen from your life. By letting this balloon go, you’re acknowledging the pain you feel and releasing it at the same time.”

Thank you Amber! This was a very lovely gesture.

I would like to note that thanks to the holy mother of strange weather patterns causing frigid temperatures and howling winds – the balloon and Charlie’s memory are currently caught in a tree.

1 comment:

a183 said...

Charlie lives on in spirit, and possibly also in a pawn shop. Maybe he's taken revenge on the crackheads who stole him.

The memorial sounded nice. I never even saw him.