I’m going to preface the following statement with – keep your “what’s wrong with you” and “I can’t believe that” comments to yourself – I don’t remember ever seeing Nightmare Before Christmas. Ever. But I am excited to see this – it looks fun.
Speaking of Christmas – I have purchased our airline tickets to NYC for December 3-8th. I have fully committed and that means that I could potentially be eating ramen noodles for the next few months as a way to save more money. BUT I am so excited. And let’s be honest, ramen will curb my weight gain.
Last night’s drawing class was exhausting. I don’t know what you would call what we were doing – our professor set up a display of shapes and we had to draw it using a straight edge for angles and distance. Holy moly. The first half of the class I was completely freaking out because the only two drawings I could see on other easels were really good (one guy is completely in the wrong class) and I thought I was doing horrible. So I told myself that this was for fun, I had nothing to prove and just to keep going. Worse case scenario – I could drop or audit the class. But then we took a break and I realized 80% of the class was equally as challenged as me.
The last half of the class we had to draw something to turn in. And I think I did ok. Cubes and shading are quite the challenge for me but I am feeling a bit more confident.
Seriously though – it was exhausting.
Today we are having Amber’s going away / good luck celebrations. Cake and Ted’s Escondido. Mmmmmm…mmmmm…good. Some of you may have In-n-Out, the beach, swmmin' pools and movies stars but at least I still have Ted's.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE nightmare before xmas. we have the dvd and have watched it way too much. Hooray for the new york tickets!
Post a Comment