Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My stomach hurts today. Blah.

Today I got a new monitor at work. And it’s huge. It’s like those crazy televisions that are really wide – you know the widescreen type. Well, that’s what my monitor is now. And I don’t really see the benefit of it being so wide. I know from a designers perspective it’s good because of space but couldn’t you make it proportionally tall. Because look at what my blog looks like on my new monitor. And I think I might be squinting more – I think I’m going to have to play with the screen display a bit more. Since Blogger's photo loader sucks you will have to see it here.

I’m feeling very chaotic these days. Work is crazy. Mostly because we are in a transitional phase and everyone is doing something new. And well Amber is gone and that’s just weird. But my friend Amy is right over the wall so it will make the chatting much easier. Before I was required to walk to chat, now I can just do it at my desk.

I think I’m still managing to keep the weight gain at bay but I can’t get serious about losing the extra 5 lbs I’ve recently gained. I guess on a positive note my new 5 have distracted me from old 5. But I’ve decided that I’m not going to whine about it here because I find that annoying. This is the dialogue - I’m fat and I suck but I’m not going to stop eating cookies. I know what to do and I’ve done it before so the problem is simply my inability to be disciplined and not focus on food so much.

So there.

My mom is in the hospital. She has a staph infection. I’m learning a lot about staph infections. Apparently they are pretty common and healthy people get them fairly frequently. Generally when I hear about staph infections it involves old people in the hospital. Anyway, she is doing ok and hopefully will get to go home in a couple of days.

Speaking of medical conditions - a couple of weeks ago I had physical and my iron levels came back high so I had to give another blood sample yesterday. And what fun that was. For some reason the veins in my arms are very little or hidden so people often have a hard time finding my veins. Well this lady yesterday missed and wiggled the needle around for a few minutes. Oh good times.

I’m just a rambling fool today.

E and I are heading to Kansas City this weekend to see the Dosters. And I am excited. I’m getting out of town and I get to hangout with the best hangout friends I have.

And finally, tomorrow is the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy. Woo-hoo. Fall is here.

That’s all for now.

No comments: