Tuesday, September 05, 2006

once upon a time.

There once was a girl named Christie who lost 30lbs. Christie was good and she maintained this weight loss for two long wonderful years. Then she decided to train and complete a half-marathon. Unfortunately while training she ate anything and everything she wanted. And as any good fat girl would do after completing the race she stopped running and continued eating. 4 months and 5lbs later she is attempting to regain control of her eating. And it sucks.

As I enter my new phase of seeing a counselor, I thought it would be interesting to pose a question about a subject that will likely come up often in my sessions – my mother.

I stole this question from here.

If you could trade your mom for any TV character mom, who would it be?

Sidebar: This question is for people who have dysfunctional mother/child relationships. If you have a great relationship with your ma, then we don't want to hear about it.

I’m thinking Claire Huxtable.

2 comments:

Wis said...

I love my mom. Everything is perfect with us. I would not trade her for anyone except for maybe that mom from Malcolm in the Middle. She's very functional.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I am busy. Too busy. Therefore, I just caught up with you over the last month in the last 5 minutes.....and THAT is what I love about the blog. (MySpace can bite me : )

Christie, I am proud of your decision to go to counseling. It will get harder before it gets easier...hang in there.

Linear perspective...it is important, but not as important as showing up for the class.

Kent SHOULD have capitalized his proper nouns. Faux pas.

I would definitely kill - anyone - for a cookie. Snickerdoodle, specifically.

I love KOMA. In high school I drove a big, ugly, green, 1977 Delta 88 equiped with only an AM radio. My permanent station was KOMA and I loved the music, and the OU fight song they would play at 5 pm, and the fact that on April 19th, 1995 they played American Pie by Don McLean.

I will update my life soon...catie