Tuesday, June 12, 2007

$50k worth of happiness...

i as watching oprah last night and she mentioned the following...

...report that sex "enters so strongly (and) positively in happiness equations" that they estimate increasing intercourse from once a month to once a week is equivalent to the amount of happiness generated by getting an additional $50,000 in income for the average American. more

fascinating.

1 comment:

a183 said...

This is so stupid I don't really know what to say. Most of what Oprah says is stupid with an air of novelty, like maybe we're supposed to believe it. Well, so 3 times more a month gets a substantial raise (PUN) which equals out to about $1,400 a pop (another PUN) in happiness. yipes. I wonder how much happiness would cost for something like omitting laundry duty or dishes-oh wait, that's a maid and it's about $50 and hour I think.
or somewhere around that.

okie dokie, oprey..