Wednesday, December 27, 2006

back in the swing of things...sort of.

today i headed back to work. i would say about half the staff is gone so you know what that means...there is a whole lot of slackin' goin' on.

the holiday was good. family, family and more family. this year i made an effort to try and just relax about things. i think it made for a better time but honestly me totally relaxing is never, ever going to happen.

today i had a minor emotional breakdown at the blood bank. i think it is just emotionally draining me. physically i'm ok but i think i get bogged down by a few things - not knowing how long i will need to do this, wiggling of the needle, waiting for an hour and a half and flaky phlebotomists. there was a little crying and a very nice attentive employee that made sure i was ok. all i could say was, "i'm ok, nothing really hurts. i'm just really emotional and there was wiggling." good night, i'm a dork.

2 comments:

a183 said...

I'm sorry you had a break down at the blood folks. Maybe they would be good therapists, sinceyou have to go weekly and are lying down. I went to a therapist for a brief stint once but never laid down.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a break down is what was needed at the time...and some wiggling...ouch. Hope to see you this weekend. I have some family coming up so I am not sure what our plans are just yet. I will make sure to, at the least, stop by and give you a hug.
crazy